View Single Post
Old 11-09-2023, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

https://web.archive.org/web/20011226...cID=2022.topic

Quote:
Gyorg
(1/19/01 1:36:02 pm)

Book is fixed
In zone patches and server crashes hate was patched last night. Post patch, the book is spawning every 10 seconds and mobs are not picking up as far as I can tell.
Quote:
Caowyth
(1/19/01 1:53:17 pm)
Re: Book is fixed
I don't think the book spawning every 10 seconds can be considered a fix...

Cao
Quote:
Bronus Blackblade
(1/19/01 3:23:24 pm)

Think about it...it's a book on Maestro's nightstand. This is a book the guy likes to read apparently. It's something that should always be on his nightstand.

Although in all honesty I am confused. While I appreciate the lack of a timesink for this portion of the quest, didn't Kendrick mention he would be doing something to 'limit' the flow of RB's into the world? Is this a temporary issue to make up for the book spawn being broken for so long? If so, please don't change it back until after my raid this weekend [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bronus Blackblade
Requiem's Acquisitor
51st Rake of the Tribunal

Edited by: Bronus Blackblade at: 1/19/01 3:23:56 pm
Quote:
Gozar
(1/20/01 1:46:40 am)

Book is changed. The NPC still picks it up but another one spawns in about 10 secs.
GOZAR GOZARIAN
Terris Rakehell
Quote:
Kendrick
Grandfather Rogue
(1/20/01 2:21:33 am)
Another bad export, and my apologies. The zone is being re-updated immediately if not sooner.

Until further notice, the book shall remain as it was from the beginning.

But I AM going to revisit the quest in the near future.

Not to make it easier or harder, but an attempt to reduce the tedium factor.

I've learned an awful lot since I implemented that quest, which was essentially my first content for EverQuest. Lets see if I can't put that knowledge to good use.
Quote:
Echus
(1/20/01 4:32:24 am)
I just have to laugh at the timing. I got invited into a raid, and just as things are getting organized up in Hate, and I'm considering slipping away to look for the book, Hate comes down on all servers.

Then, we reassemble and wait for the repop. And wait. And wait.

We finally gave up after too many hours. And the book didn't spawn. I would have stayed up there after everyone left, except I had no idea what the change to the book was going to be.

Echus
51 Rake
7th Hammer
Quote:
Aleistair
(1/20/01 7:57:03 am)
Ooof, we were just about to pull Maestro and head into his area when they brought the servers down.

The wait on the book continues................

/sigh

Aleistair, 52nd Rogue
Gyn Cadley Reejeryn
Lanys T'Vyl
Quote:
Munester
(1/20/01 1:12:42 pm)

I was in hate last night when they brought it down.. so when it's back up, the zone is totally empty of mobs and I think so myself "Hey, perfect time to go get the book!"
Wasn't there though.
Quote:
Aleistair
(1/20/01 11:52:37 pm)
Went back today Viren, we killed Inny and Maestro, and I got the book on the last check upstairs before port out.

Woohoo.............
Quote:
Morek the rogue
(1/22/01 11:16:25 am)
So how often does the book spawn now? (im asking for a friend) I heard that the book respawns every 10 - 30 seconds now, but is this a bug? Is the book going to go back to spawning every 8 hours? Any info would be appreciated.
Morek Swifthands
Rogue of the 35th season

Ssendak Monk of the 6th season

Once a Legend, Always a Legend... I feel I have came home.