Old 07-14-2023, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

https://web.archive.org/web/20020318...topic&index=12

Quote:
Kendrick
Grandfather Rogue
(2/3/02 4:37:52 am)
Reply Re: Drop transfers. Why?
Um, sorry. I gave that vendor a very high greed setting, which makes him charge higher prices. It also means he'll snatch up anything dropped near him as well. And of course, I couldn't resist giving him painfully corny "pick up" text.

The majority of NPC's in the game have little or no greed, nor do all those NPC's that have high greed have "pick up" text. But some do, especially merchants. The moral is, if you're going to do a drop transfer, do it away from NPC's, to be safe.
Quote:
Brambler
(2/4/02 12:41:04 am)
Community Supporter

Re: Drop transfers. Why?
Killing the DEs in Kith the other day, a mage had made the usual pile of mod rods on the ground, unfortunately it was a bit too close to the pull spot. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Brigadier Soandso has picked up an item from the ground!

Heh, surprised we still won while fighting through the tears of laughter, mage was quite pissed. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
FreonSmurf
(2/6/02 5:33:58 am)
Reply Re: re:
Its funny to do it in the middle of a General raid, he wil stop raping the tank and pick up whatever trinket you drop.
Rodcet Nife Ring Warden
Rogues do it better from behind!

"Nicotine is not addictive" Tobacco Industry
"Rogues are a balanced class"-Gordon
My Sigs
Quote:
patofnaud
(2/6/02 7:55:42 am)
One other thing to watch out for, the is no Z axis check when a NPC decides to pick up something either. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I dropped a bag of banded for a Hobbit Rogue I use in Rivervale to spy on the DE cabin in the second floor of the Fools Gold and the bastard on the first floor did a "Mmm this Handmade Backpack looks nice!"

Grrrrrrrr.
Patofnaud
54th Season Redeemed Epic Shadow Dweller
Warden of something or other.
(We work in shadows, we dress in black.)

Patofwaan Griffonbate
43rd Season Friend Of Wolves
Guild Leader of Karma
Patofwarr Barbarian Warrior
20th Season Soldier of Rallos Zek
All proud members of Karma Guild, In the Land of Morell-Thule
Quote:
Kevagron
(2/6/02 10:12:55 am)
Hehe our guild was doing General for rogue epic and I can't remember the dark elf chicks name (was listening to it in guildchat because I was late), but she not only picked up the mod rods, she also used them whilke fighting LOL

Kevak
Quote:
Inkiewiz
(2/6/02 10:47:29 am)
The tin merchants in OT - those little borg gnomes - pick up stuff too. It says something about a long hose extending from the merchant and sucking up trash on the ground. Cracked me up. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

https://web.archive.org/web/20021103...icID=361.topic

Quote:
Arichiena
Officer
(7/17/01 1:40:19 pm)
Reply FOR THOSE DOING TRANSFER DROPS BETWEEN CHARACTERS
BIG WARNING

Apparently those Gnome Cleaner rats really do clean.

I was in the back end of Kaladim early in the morning. Only one other player in the zone and he was AFK.

Decided to do a transfer to an alt character I had there. Went into an unused, empty room which led to another empty unused room. Thought this would be a good place to do transfer as I could hear the outside door open if anyone came in. Started dropping some items behind a crate so they would not be seen if anyone happened to walk in while switching characters.

No sooner had I dropped the ninth and final item when my message screen filled up with a message that was repeated for a total of 8 times. The message said

“CLEANER VII CLICKS AS A PLATE SLIDES TO THE SIDE REVEALING A HOSE THAT EXTENDS AND SUCKS UP AN ITEM FROM THE GROUND.”

All 8 messages appeared in less than a second. I picked up the one remaining object and looked around for Cleaner VII but it was not in the room. Quickly ran outside and again could not find it anywhere in zone. There was a guard nearby but not receive the message that is usually given when they kill it. Never saw it before or after and never heard or saw either door open.

Not sure if they are limited to 8 items that can be picked up, That specific one drops two items that are used in quests so others may be able to pick up 10. Also not sure if they are able to pick up containers.

Other NPCs have also been known to pick up items.
Just didn't know they could do it through walls.

Arichiena
Level 46 Enchantress
and newly ordained rat exterminator
Quote:
Dadijob
Officer
(7/28/01 7:21:26 pm)
Reply Re: Ouch
In Freeport
Dropped some items near an NPC merchant
Within secounds
..NPC states someone has dropped some nice saleable items..I think I will take them.

And while I did not see it, they were gone in a few Seconds

Dadijob The wiser
Quote:
The Phoenix L0L
(8/1/01 2:16:54 pm)
well well in fp the twist is jakonis
that the twit of an spc is ping fizzle cuttr no npcs withing the city do it .

the guards attack them if they do in fp .

iv been angerd amny a time when trades have gone bad cuse the other did not have room and item was lost of curse i refunded but was out both item and cash.

i am much wizer now you all oughtta be carfull jakonis cennturi
and centurian maine is cennturi. was also knowen as feerwlaker.

~Walk in the Light~
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost.
Glamdering Foe'Hammer
46th level Wizard of Prexus
Proud leader of The Legion of Light