Veteran
(7/18/01 10:19:34 am)

To those doing the Ragebringer quest
/
> You are in the Dreadlands.
> -------------------------
> [45 Warrior] Pansyelf (Wood Elf) <Legions of Mister T>
> etc.
> There are 72 people in the Dreadlands.
Triff thinks he would like very much to finally get the Book of Souls from Hate for his Ragebringer.
Triff clicks open his 3rd 10-slot backpack and eyes the Soulstone of Innoruuk that has been kept there for 3 months.
/shout Paying 100 plat and providing the stone for a port to Hate. Anyone?
> WizzerDude tells you, 'i'll do it'
/r really? cool. isn't it dangerous for you though?
> WizzerDude tells you, 'nah the chances of dying are slim if i just gate out asap'
/r okie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] where are you?
> WizzerDude tells you, 'nw corner of karnors'
Triff goes and meets WizzerDude.
Triff gets ported up to hate.
Triff sneaks and hides.
Triff notes that the entire first floor of hate is a full spawn and that the raiders from Lummox are on the top floor.
Triff turns around and puts on some Mission Impossible music.
Triff runs out to Maestro's house, maneuvering around the Liches and Banshees that have all been given SoW's from the Spite Golems, because they both see through hide.
Triff dashes up the stairs and runs through the second floor, conning every rat he sees in case one of them is the random see-invis sort.
Triff sneaks up to Maestro's bed and nightstand and snatches the book away.
Triff proceeds to run from there to the second floor and search for the Lummox party with little help on directions.
Triff finds that the wizard who was here left very recently, and arranges a port out from a druid after dueling and killing him for the res back up to hate.
Triff proceeds to tell all his friends about it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just a word to any rogues who still have to go get their Hate book. Don't go up on a raid and sit and camp the book - that's boring as hell. This is the way to do it. :P
Click for my EQCastersrealm profilerofl.. I was level 40 at the time
Level 55 Soloing Rogue (), Erollisi Marr
Always lookin for a duel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Currently on vacation from EQ
When people ask me why one would want to be a rake, I tell them I get to lie in a shed with a hoe all day.

Quote:
vuzlyn
Visitor
(7/19/01 7:45:55 am)
Re: To those doing the Ragebringer quest
Good work bro, I love to see fellow rogue doing the quest the old and real way [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Reminds me of last summer when I had a good chat with some banshee up there since I had no one in zone to keep me awake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] For 12 hours, we argued about why she picked up the book I needed and I finally was faster than her when the book finally respawned.

Drop me a tell in game bro, it's been ages since we talked.
Vuzlyn
Assassin of Affliction