Thread: New Green
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trude [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, guys. This is the first time I've logged in since 2013. I want to get back into P99. I see all this talk of different servers and, while I understand blue and red, this is the first time I've seen green and teal mentioned. How are they different to blue? Are their special rules Or are they the same just newer? And finally, which server is the newest, as that is probably where I'll start.
So you know Blue and Red of course, and they finally announced in 2019 that the Green server would launch which was a proper timed out timeline for classic. They wanted to run the classic era as close as the original game went as possible, but do it like a seasonal thing, so when Green is about a year past the end of its timeline, it would roll into Blue, and a new green season 2 would start, and so on. It kind of works like seasonal systems in games like diablo/path of exile and other games like that.

They had one update where they said a lot of folks were concerned and didn't want that merge to happen, so they will play it by ear. Personally i'm a fan of the original proposed system of doing the main nonseason server and a rotating seasonal server, but its up to them.

Now you might wonder "what is Teal"?

Green launched to insane popularity and the servers couldn't handle the player count. Not from a technical standpoint but for a classic load standpoint on the content, so for a temporary time, the server split into a second shard. After around the 4-5 month mark, they remerged once numbers came back to manageable levels and now its just green again.

the staff did an amazing job with everything, better then I could ever imagine possible. There is not and likely will never be anyone who creates as accurate a picture of the classic timeline. Here's hoping for season 2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]