View Single Post
Old 05-02-2024, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

If that's the case, the only two speed-up options I can see would be to increase the box's resources, or clean up the database.

Taking the wiki off the shared server (I think it shares a box with the main website and forum?) and moving it to its own (more powerful) server would likely help ... but I don't see Rogean doing that.

The other option would be to clean up the database. Wikis accrue a lot of garbage over time (all that history), so if someone were to create a fresh database (by exporting all the page data, but not history data, out and then importing it all back into a fresh wiki database) that would likely speed things up too.

That would still require some Rogean coordination, but a motivated person could do 95% of it without Rogean, and if they did they could probably convince him to do the last part (of swapping to the new DB). But it'd be a big project; talking Rogean into a new wiki box might be easier.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.