View Single Post
Old 05-30-2023, 12:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Location: Germany, Rhineland-Palatinate, Neustadt an der Weinstraße
Talking EverQuest Project 1999 is the best MMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didnt read all of that but none of the games you listed or ever were made really will still be playable in 100 years outside of special cases like how p99 is a museum piece at this point.
yeah... i do think Old School RuneScape and Project 1999 or some kind of new server for EverQuest Classic will still be available with a reasonable playerbase (as it is now) in 50 years. Just look at the 40 million people who play Old School RuneScape right now, there won't EVER be a new RuneScape type of game anymore. It is quite certain OSRS will still exist in 50 years in my opinion. I could bet my life on it.

As with Project 1999 the servers could shutdown but noone knows and if they do shutdown won't there be a new group of people who upload their own server and the playerbase will switch to that? Don't forget that Project 1999 actually still gets new players every now and then like myself and I believe they are here to stay. If you do find Project 1999 you will most likely stay, having come so far to actually find this game at all. I've researched a bit and I figured out the best MMOs currently are as follows:

Guild Wars 2
Ultima Outlands
Tibia
Old School RuneScape
EverQuest Project 1999

I prefer the last two because Ultima Outlands is too complicated for me and for this reason it doesn't really have a healthy income of new players I think and Guild Wars 2 probably won't last 50 years because by then they will have made Guild Wars 3. In all honesty, spending my time in EverQuest Project 1999 seems pretty worthwhile because even if the servers shutdown, there will be new servers and it's not like the game will change much then. So what I learn, I keep forever. And I'd rather play a 3D game and not click on ugly stuff a billion times in Old School RuneScape although I admit it's fun but just not as much fun as EverQuest Project 1999.

I'm 26 years old and I just played my Barbarian Shaman to Level 7 and I love the game! This is just my cents to this... At least I'm pretty sure OSRS and some form of EverQuest Classic will still be playable and fun in even +50 years. I mean you said it yourself EverQuest is a museum piece by now and people still play it. That's just how good it is. We all know new game engines can't quite capture the feeling of old engines like the graphics, the soundtrack, you know what I'm talking about.