View Single Post
Old 05-22-2023, 01:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate to break it to you, but it's all a waste of time. Anything you do for pleasure or to unwind, whether it's drinking in a bar, going to see an opera, whittling a piece of wood, painting a picture. Not everything has to be productive or generate something to 'show for it', and chances are that you will slowly grow to hate any hobby you turn into an enterprise.

Hangups about video games in particular are dogshit. If you're ending up alone and poor in a room at 45 that has more to do with decisions you've made in your life that go beyond your choice of recreation, and could just as easily happen with some divorced workaholic that neglects everything else in their life.

Exercise is important however
Well sure, I'm not saying that there aren't other things to waste your time, but objectively some things are less of a "waste" than others. And op asked "Is it worth it to spend my time in EverQuest Project 1999", which the answer is clearly "No!"

Hard to argue that any if this is worth the time spent.