View Single Post
Old 02-08-2023, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FSI is better than Regeneration at level 60 in fact. You can run the numbers. Better doesn't mean "so good it's going to change your life". It just means statistically better when it matters. Some people like min/maxing every tiny percentage out of a game. I am not sure why people keep thinking I am arguing FSI is life changing. I have never said that, and I have repeated myself hundreds of times at this point.

When it comes to XP bonus vs. Regeneration, that is always going to be hard to quantify. Regeneration allows you to kill more mobs per hour, which means you are going to be getting more money/items while leveling. Even if Barbarians end up dinging 60 a bit sooner, if they want to have the same money/items as the troll, they will need to spend the time they saved farming stuff. Now obviously a Torpor Shaman can farm better than a pre-60 Shaman. But it does take time and skill to learn how to kill the good mobs with a Torpor Shaman, compared to just farming guards 20% longer.
There’s no numbers to support FSI being better than Regen at 60 hehe. Especially since you have to be tanking to actually get said benefit. You just believe the benefit is greater than the benefit of regen. Purely subjective, but you are entitled to your opinion. You don’t need to “win” everything, as you just previously admitted. It’s ok to accept there is no right answer, because there isn’t, or the shaman racial debate wouldn’t keep going. Nobody is debating about human monks over iksar monks for a reason.