View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 04:16 AM
Orc

Default EQ 25th Anniversary is like a classic rock band not playing any hit songs

It can't just be me.

Nothing about the milestone of 25 years seems genuinely celebrated today.

There should have been tons of video montages, player reactions, game archival footage and even zones brought back to life like the Real Freeport somewhere on Live. And special interviews with the original designers and devs, including Jay Barbeau's soundtrack remembering every detail they can about how this game came about. I know various content like this has been done here and there before but c'mon ... 25th anniversary is THE chance to go all out and put on a massive effort.

If Daybreak, Darkpaw or whoever is now running this game won't bother, I at least half-expected p99 to take up some of their slack given what it represents.

Where is any of this?

All I see is a lot of marketing about the current Live game as if this milestone anniversary of one of the most influential games in history is an excuse to push that instead.

It is literally like going to a very famous Classic Rock band once-in-a-lifetime reunion, and all they play are crappy new songs nobody cares about.

I am shocked that there is not more of a focus on the original game that is responsible for why Live and even p99 is even existent.
Last edited by redgiant; 03-17-2024 at 04:41 AM..