Thread: iksar necro
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2023, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You missed multiple things again. Please read my full post. Stopping on the first two points is why you don't know what I am saying.

My 20k comment was referring to you mentioning the cost of the first item set. Did you forget that you posted the 20k number? You seemed to be suggesting 20k wasn't that easy to get.
What I'm suggesting is that a smart player will invest 3k (or even less) into gearing a necro enough to get to 60 and dedicate all the money he makes leveling to getting his hands on a CoS as quickly as possible.

Not farming 20k for all Int gear with no hp and then working on farming another 30k to finally get a CoS. Your actual magelo where you claimed the items were 'easy to get' exceeds 50k and the poor sap that takes your bad advice is going to need to farm almost 90k to finally get his hands on the one item that matters. A CoS.

It's absurd and terrible advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You also didn't read where I said you can take quite a bit of cost off my magelo with a few simple replacements. You can shave 10k easily with only losing 25 HP. You could go further too. You also didn't read where I said you can resell items. You do know that you can buy something to help you in the short term, and resell it when you need the money for something else like CoS?
Why bother with all that? Sitting in the tunnel trying to move items when you can spend 3k and dedicate your time to getting levels and getting a CoS. Necros don't need a lot of Int or even a massive mana pool. What they need is efficient mana sustain. You get that by stacking hp. This is why Iksar is miles ahead any other necro race. They can sustain and not expel mana to regen lost health with inefficient lifetaps.

So the gap between us is more than 50k for a net gain of 150hp and 6-700 mana

Go ahead and shave off some plat by swapping out a few items but why stop there? Just go for the gear I listed and you're set. I even made a few adjustments and I'm still at 3k

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Green:Skidrownecro

skidrownecro.jpg

I even have almost 90CHA with just a Crude Stein as an Iksar. Your 50k+ Magelo sits at a sub 40 CHA. More than a 50 point gap. Good luck lulling mobs in HS with that (even with CHA items in your bags). Better bring a lot of coffins and bags of emeralds.