View Single Post
Old 03-15-2023, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Default CHARMING AND MEZZING

Charming can be the groups savior or it could turn very nasty. My normal array of spells are: Tasani, Color Flux/Shift/Skew, Entrance, Mesmeriztion, Cajoling Whsipers, and Root.
If a large group is pullled I will use my AE Mez spell. Generally I get no resists, and if the party is assisting, all but 1 will be mezzed. The lvl 16 AE mez spell only lasts about 24 secs. So I will pick one of the mobs, and Tashani it, and then Charm it. If there are more than 2 mobs, then what you have at this point is: 1 mob being attack, 1 mob charmed, and several others. Repeat your AE mez spell, then your pet should be unmezzed. Have him attack the same one as your party.

At this point go to each mob that is mezzed, and tashani them and root them. As the AE mez breaks, throw in your Entrance (it is only a single mez but it lasts longer. Do this to all mobs that you rooted. You don't have to charm but in Karnor's Castle, a charmed sentry that hits for 109 points of damage is way cool. If you just want to crowd control, do AE mez, Tashani, Root...wait for AE mez to break and follow up with your Entrance. Using this method I have controlled up to 12 mobs while having the Ghoul Executioner as my pet. NOTE: If you have a charmed pet, you can can, if you want, cast buffs on your new pet. A Ghould Executioner with Celerity is an awesome site. Just have Pilliage Enchantment ready if needed.

Strategy Submitted on: Wednesday, March 01, 2000
Reposted on: Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Thanks to Najib Aasim, Mithaniel Marr

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung