View Single Post
Old 05-03-2023, 05:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
#1: use all means available to get a Woody staff. Search WTS posts on the forums / discord, actively look in tunnel.

#2: How are you testing this? You used the word "seem" and that makes me skeptical.

People tend to think 1 handers are better when you go by feels. This is because the troughs of bad RNG on a slow 2 hander "feel" way worse than the highs...and watching 2 weapons attack more often is just psychologically "moar gud" for most people.

Go XP for an hour with the 1 handers. Then do another hour with the Woody in the exact same spot / ideally same mobs. As long as your playstyle doesn't change and there isn't outside interference that would get you killed / force you to stop playing, it should be a pretty good indicator of which is performing better.

But just get a damn Woodsman's Staff and use it. Trust. You're comparing a 4k weapon to like 300p worth of trash 1 handers I would give to a random level 5 in rags because I felt bad.
Like i said, i been leveling from 32-39 on Snow Cougars, when i got Springwood Stave, until level 36, it did feel like cougars would die faster with 2H, but once i hit 36 i started testing out more often to kill them with DW and they did usually drop faster by a margin amount of between 15-30 seconds. Also due to level variance or stats, i have seen cats being harder to hit and missing a lot of times with 2H wether the DW works way better and makes up for the misses with the speed they hit at.

Trust me, i was the one interested in getting a Woodman's Staff, i did pass the money from my Necro to my Ranger for that purpose, but nobody is selling, and the only person that was advertising has seem to be playing on a different timezone than mine and i never seen him again for days on Discord Bot... Forum posts never worked for me, and i do spam often at EC Tunnel, but i guess they're on high demand or scarce.
Last edited by IzHaN80; 05-03-2023 at 06:00 PM..