View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontheripper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Soo perhaps a fresh install and only unzip the latest patch? I've been boxing on green and blue, green rarely crashes but blue crashes everytime I zone
Yes exactly that is the easiest way to know but ya you lose all your preferences if it is the issue but ya make a backup then you trial and error the issue by just adding what you had til you find what the issue is.

Green doesn't allow any other folders but default and velious in the UI subfolder so it sounds like ya its a UI issue but that could also be a settings issue in your individual .ini files too but if you use a different UI on blue then could be that UI or its .ini files for those individual characters.

I think the issue is mainly with this dependency so I made a velious folder with zero dependencies and I don't really crash anymore.

Also: Kind of Important.

in EQClient.Ini the UISkin=velious setting is hard locked on blue and green. You can change this on your characters individual UI, and it will change it in the EQClient.ini after you change it in your Characters. But it will revert on exit of the game, then you will load the UISkin=velious on load of the server from your EQClient.ini, then load the UISkin=custom skin from your UI_character.ini .

So ya, knowing this, if you have discrepancies, you will have issue.