View Single Post
Old 02-10-2022, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right on. Good eye on that typo. Can't edit posts apparently. I would be against instancing for sure 100%. Lowers the value of existing items or the perception of it. Only thing I am skeptical about is the rotation hurting the population ; that seems to be the most common attitude towards it. Even when 7 day spawns are up people log in to level-up alts regardless what mobs are currently in window. Vulak isn't the only mob in game and affects maybe a handful of players. Hardcore raiders have more than an average of 5 lvl 60 toons or more and are willing to make alts-guilds to reenter a list. Think about that unhealthy habit for just a moment..
Yeah I am super annoyed about Rants and Flames not allowing edit functionality.

Unfortunately a lot of mobs are on 7 day timers, not just Vulak. So any player who wants loot from a 7 day spawn is going to have to wait 10 weeks per cycle if 10 guilds are in the rotation. That is probably too much for even P99 raiders to handle. If you only get 5 attempts to kill a 7 day spawn per year, there is a good chance the mob won't even drop the item you want. People will stop playing for weeks at a time while waiting.

Even casual raiders (who just want to get their epics) would need to wait like 5 weeks per chance at getting golems if those were rotated. Probably more since smaller guilds can do them too, so your rotation number would increase. So you are scaring off both casual and hardcore raiders this way.

Regular players who don't raid may not be affected, and they are a good chunk of the server, but I still feel it is unhealthy population-wise to basically turn off a few hundred players for weeks at a time while they are waiting.

I think rotations would only work if they decreased the mob spawn timers, but the more you do that the closer it gets to approaching TLP levels of raid kills per week, and thus you will have the problem with instanced servers. That is why I don't think we can ever find a good solution via Rotations or Instancing.