View Single Post
Old 02-10-2022, 07:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You seem very emotionally about it,but EQ staring at a screen for 16hrs straight waiting for a mob knowing when it spawns, knowing its exact location, using third party programs to assist(gina,discord) isn't competition. It's just pixel illness at that point to justify said behaviors. You act as if you "require another entity" in EQ to feel some sort of advancement and took my OoT out of context. You know those racers are playing versus "time" right? Ofc they post their timed runs and compare it to others online to see who is the fastest; but again they are playing in an "instanced environment". Raid end game scene is mostly like that now but the competition is still TIME (hitting the mob first in the most ridiculously way possible).

Take trakanon for example. You guys got a mage sitting on the hill for hours looking thru a wall listening to music and chatting on discord waiting for the mob to spawn so he can send off a batphone. Other 30-50 individuals are sitting at their desks staring at their character screens to hit "enter world" half aren't even gonna get summoned and they know it just to collect DKP. Your "Competition" is also doing the same thing yet the sole deciding factor of who wins is whoever can hit CoTH the quickest and most rogues available made it in the lair(Cause it might be 3 am!). God that's really competitive, required lots of skill, glitching, accumulation of years of expansive knowledge.........Yeah bud, Like I said EQ isn't not an E-sport, Hope this helps.
Idk if emotional is the right word. Passionate yes. But you're talking to a raider who has been under 10% for 2 years. Nor am i someone who has the attention span to stare at a screen for 16 hours. I'm also the person who shouts from the mountain tops that all races should be roll offs for the entire window because screen staring is bad.

IDK, Bud, but in the 6 years that i've raided on this server... nvm. I don't even know who you are, i'm not going to argue with you.

You seem mad, I am not mad. Hope this helps.