View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

I played a text-based MMO, Gemstone III, before I played EQ, so I had some background.

I remember creating like 40 characters (many deleted) before I settled into a monk. I started out thinking I would play a Barb warrior and was absolutely enthralled by Everfrost, and at the time, those graphics were pretty awesome.

After deciding that warrior was boring, I messed around with a few other classes - I got a wizard to like 4-8, paladin/bard/sk...then my wizard some more...had a few friends give me some plat, and twinked a monk with a few really good weapons (KD's), and leveled incredibly fast. Monk stuck to me, not least because the class was really strong, but because I NEVER died. I'd bet that I didn't die once between 19-35 (curse those lguk casters), seldom until 60, and a few times on dragon raids. I learned pathing and as many FD/Sneak tricks as I could, practiced by intentionally going deep into the most dangerous areas and figuring a way out on my own, i'd piss off really strong mobs or casters and learn how to shake them by LoS or other tricks...

After my wizard is max-leveled and kunark comes out, i plan to do an iksar monk this time (I was previously human). There's nothing like twink monk soloability + awesome survivability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.