View Single Post
Old 03-04-2023, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

I used to remember the 10hps = 1 ac rule but people on p99 generally think that's aggressive in weighing AC. If that was the case, nobody would wear Hammered Golden Loops over conventional earrings. If your sham has torp it's really not a mana issue and slowed targets should be very easy to trio (like WW dragons).

That said, the comparison you showed is a huge step in AC for very little overall hps lost. I just would pick better 1h if you really want to move in that direction OR stay with 2h. Even torped a solid 2h is going to be multiple times more dps than the WESS. It's still likely double the DPS of a 1h (like a Sword of Pain which gives a free instant junk buff/GCD clicky). You might take a bit more damage over the course of a fight that lasts the same amount of time, but if you kill the npc even 10% faster (assuming + charmed pet) you will take 10% less damage.

If you want a general target for MR I would say 110-130 unbuffed is very useful for fighting blue cons. Having a few quick swap items like jacinth rings, runed bone fork, and a tranix crown though is handy.