View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by deakolt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sounds like these ideas require coding
^This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't make it too complicated with lockout timers and such. Make it a one time thing where if you ever kill a member or leave the guild, you can never rejoin. Just as +/- 8 is a compromise between FFA and Rallos rules, this is a compromise between teams and no teams. If the devs see promise in this idea but agree with Pudge that it should be fewer than 12 guilds, make it 4, based on the original race teams:

Wee Defenders

Elven Guards

Forces of Darkness

Human Shield
Also sounds like codeing, but i like the idea (reminds me of VZ and i miss my yellow elven name!!)

why not just make these regional guilds FFA with the server +/- 8 or whatever like the rest of the server?
if your getting into it with a guild member one of you will just leave lol
(since its NPC invite, theres nobody to boot players from guild)

I guess you could add in codeing, maybe something like - Kill fellow guildmate
once: inguild warning
twice: inguild warning
third time = booted/unguildable by same regional guild
If you dont understand AE by now, you wont be in guild very long lol

this seems sorta like minimal codeing over some suggestions but lets not bring more work to the table

Also, this way i bet you could possibly faction to join another regional guild, if the invite NPC is on the city faction
if a starter guild like this were ever to reach raid feasiblity, that would be cool for missing classes
(some regions NEED em)

I srsly doubt an idea like this would go anywhere for a classic EQ server..
but you never know till you suggest! half the pvp servers of EQ classic were teams
and it added more of a spin to the server then just having PVE/PVP
If this idea tickles some fancy id really like to request the elven regional guild to have yellow names plz
Id join that for awhile just to reminisce