View Single Post
Old 06-01-2023, 07:12 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlpacman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm on parallels right now, but i can't get past this error:

EverQuest cannot load the zone file "load_obj.s3d" in the directory that you are currently running EverQuest from. The file is present but it may be corrupt. \n\nPlease either reinstall or delete and re-patch this file.

I've set it to windows xp sp2 compatibility, and set the emulation mode to safe emulation
In case anyone is looking for a solution to this error, this is what you need to do: Put the EverQuest (I am using EQLite) file folder inside of Program Files (x86) on the C: Drive within parallels. Running the .exe from anywhere other than the C Drive will cause this error.

I wasn't able to create a Dekstop shortcut to eqgame.exe because I couldn't figure out how to set the correct path location. Instead I used the Run app within windows and added a command line argument. Just right click on eqgame located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\eqgame.exe" and copy the path. Paste that into the Run command line with quotes, and then add patchme at the end.

That should fix the issue. It took me days to get P1999 running on my M1 I but was finally successful using Parallels with compatibility set to SP2 + Safe mode emulation.