View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halladar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Halfling +5%

Why?! For the love of the Nameless Why!?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Seems like you guys are getting an unfair bunch of criticism lately. I don't know all the ins and outs of this stuff about the planes or whatnot, and don't really care. I will only be a casual player, and do the kind of raid thing casuals did back in the day (naggy, vox, maybe some plane raids if a guild has some room).

So I really don't care about any of that drama honestly. As regards the rest of it, I'd actually prefer if you never opened sol ro. Manastone, abu boxes, and guises will be used long after you shelve your sol ro armor forever which happens even in the kunark era for casuals if you play long enough.

And I'd prefer you left Mayong in Mistmoore as the raid mob he was supposed to be in 1999, but that is just me.

It is your server though, and you guys are pretty much doing this out of the goodness of your hearts and I appreciate that.

But like everyone I do have my own things that actually do bother me. And halflings getting that 5% bonus.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A long time ago someone said on a board that halflings were Verant's illegitimate children. I guess they were right.

Come on guys, they have arguably the best racials aside from an ogre's invulnerability to frontal stun. Their stats for the classes they can be are better than most as well. Lack of charisma for druid charming is about the only shortfall I think. And the fact that as a small race they 1) have some troubles with geographic features in the game, and 2) have a more limited selection of gear they can wear. 2) being the more severe, at least for rogues and warriors.

Guys I am going to give you some advice right now. I know they added some bind spots to kunark in a era much later than kunark.

From the get go I personally would put these later bind spots in the game. And I also would peruse the map and maybe add a couple more. There were a lot of parts of velious I didnt' do, it was in a time when I didn't play eq much, but kunark was a total pita in that respect.

But do what you guys think you gotta do. No way I'm playing a melee here as a casual.
5% Halfling bonus was how it was in classic... bind spots are how they were in clasic (or at least attempt to be). That's the point of a classic server.

As far as why Halflings got a 5% bonus? I remember hearing it was a coding error, where the 5% was meant to be given to humans and not halflings, but meh, that's classic.

Now let's get back to the drama...