View Single Post
Old 12-05-2023, 11:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by poxxy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My twinked gnome warrior is getting close to 50. This is the most fun class I've ever played, so I'm making him my main and taking him all the way to 60. I'm on Blue.

I'm currently using SBoZ and BoC. They've served me well and I love the stats, but I've been doing some reading and I'm wondering if I should swap them out. A little bit about my play style: I solo most of the time, and I don't raid.

I've read that 2-handers will out-DPS dual wield setups of the same tier by a decent margin. Since I don't raid, I would only be looking at droppables. Is it worth it to lose all the stats to switch to a Reaver or Herbalist Spade?

I've also read that at 50 I should switch over to ToD and Blood Points for soloing. I know that ToD is a must, but are Blood Points superior to my DW setup or to a 1:1 ratio 2-hander?

This is my first melee, I appreciate any pointers you can offer.
Herbalist Spade is really underrated for a Warrior who likes to solo. It basically lets you back up and bandage to 70% if needed. I’d honestly rather use the herbalist spade and keep a skinning knife on me to bandage over blood points. ToD, then spade, back up and bandage if needed. Blood Points are nice but really underwhelming later on. The lack of damage you’re doing just means you end up taking more overall, not to mention the more frequent ripostes. I’d only ever use blood points if a mob was able to summon.
Last edited by Trelaboon; 12-05-2023 at 11:04 AM..