View Single Post
Old 02-05-2024, 06:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's how I survive charm breaks against hard mobs.

Stun first (color line), hit alliance wand to reset GCD, AE mez (the spell called mezmerization with the green spell gem), now both the mob and your pet are mezzed. Use this opportunity to re-charm your pet. Mez always lasts the same amount of time, so your pet will become re-petted before the mez on the mob you're killing wears off. Just tell him to attack. You'll probably also have enough time to mem blur (blanket of forgetfulness) the mob you're killing, so he won't have any aggro bias toward you when his mez wears off (this also prevents you from getting summoned by summoning mobs after a charm break. They may regen a chunk of hp during this period but it's usually not a big deal).

It sounds wayyyyy more complicated than it is. The best lesson you can learn as an enchanter is that you are gonna die a lot in general, because you get some of the most powerful abilities in the game. But once you learn the specific details of a camp, it's usually dead simple. Your worst enemy is bad luck and freaking out if things go sideways. Embrace the dying, it means you're learning the class.
AE mez is great,if he's over lvl 55 and immune. The amount of times I mezzed myself with this spell while leveling..need to make sure it's going to land while the mobs are out of range if your 55 or less.
It's a very useful tool in groups to, you can target the puller and mez the whole bunch as they come in.