View Single Post
Old 03-24-2022, 05:09 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fixed it. Removed compatibility mode. Incidentally that fixed my fps issue as well. Now at 60 fps instead of 30. I'm running radeon 5700 xt, had this issue for ages.
I wish that would fix it on my box.

Currently running:
Ryzen 5800X
Radeon RX 6800
Win 10 (Build 19043)

Starting EQ with compatibility mode turned on will give me the runtime error that you had.

I can run the game with compatibility mode turned off, but then I'm still facing the issues many other users have reported:

- Crashes on the character selection screens after logging out (not always, only like 2 times out of 3)

- Only 30-36 FPS. This makes the game unplayable for me - especially turning around with right click feels horrible. Tried a lot of different options both in EQ and AMD Adrenaline. I had the same issue on my old computer with a GeForce GTX 770, but setting a max framerate of 60 FPS fixed it back then.

I have really no idea why it worked for you and what causes these issues. Windows updates? DirectX9? The C++ Redistributable Packages?
Might have to buy a new OLD computer to run EQ once they open a New Green server...