Thread: Quest Issue: Blessed Ring of Nife
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 11:03 AM
Project Manager

Waybackmachine is down(?) for me atm, so I can't look further.

The earliest date I see is
Quote:
Entered: Thu Sep 21 12:49:50 2000
And then removed(?) by 10/27/2000
Quote:
Apparently this quest went away with the deletion of the loathsomes. I'm not sure if this was a global thing or just on my server (The Nameless). If I'm wrong I apologize, but I don't think I am. I waited about a week (Norrath Time) trying to find either or of these guys and couldn't before I started asking around. And this was the info, I got.
From the research so far, I'd say this was added as a precursor to the plague event, then removed. But, that's a guess.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.html?id=5175
Quote:
The scroll thief (who spawned every night at 11pm game time), carried a scroll, which could be turned into Athrin Tashir in the Tavern, who in turn gave a reward in the semblance of a ring (and XP as well).
annnd.. a french translation.

Quote:
-Discuss the tavern Athrin Lion's Mane Queynos. He will tell you he lost scrolls. A thief spawn outside the door Queynos north. It is only level 9. If they let you kill a "sacred scroll of Rodcet nife. Give to Athrin and it will reward you with the Ring of Rodcet Nife.
Zone Start: South Qeynos Who: Athrin Tashir Level: 9 Class: All
Could use any and all information others can find.. about ring, Athrin, thief, etc.