View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 09:14 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribanox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I was totally pumped to play classic eq again, but 15 lvls into the ranger class, for some reason I'm just not enjoying it. Maybe WOW has ruined me, or maybe it's the drama here. I just don't remember eq being so full of eliteism and self entitlement. Yea there are people out there who help others but most are just in this rat race to 50 , with all the limited resources in this game it gets quite frustrating.

I'd rather have the anti social community of WoW sometimes than deal with people camping all the named mobs in one dungeon, or play a game where melée classes have nothing and are basically unable to get anything. I never really noticed back in the day how casters have basically everything and melée have nothing.

Thus isn't a I'm quitting speech or anythig, but for some fucked up reason, playing on this server has made my appreciation for Wow grow :/. I feel like I have an even chance for my character to grow unlike in eq. Sure if I has time to play in a top raiding guild things would be different, or if I played a druid, but I can't and don't, so ill probably never get rich and I'll be scraping by in EQ until 50 and I guess I just don't have the time or patience to anymore. I even did 5-10 HUGE cr's since I've played here, so it's not I'm being a big baby and shit about how hard eq is, it's just totally unfair.

Anyway if you took time to read this you must have too much time on yours hands, and need to get back to your job! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have had the exact opposite experience in game, its been lots of fun, meeting lots of cool people, and having a blast.
About having melees having nothing and casters having everything, I suspect there's a balancing issue that needs to be dealt with but I don't have anything to back that up and I am too lazy to dig up any facts. I don't feel underpowered when looking just at myself, when compared to a mage yeah but not by myself.
Myself though, I have full patchwork leather, a dragoon dirk(passing druid killed dvinn) and a box of abu-kar(got off of a corpse in BB where a druid was camping guards) 90pp, and a bank full of foraged foods, pelts, and smithing stuff. and I have been working on tailoring and smithing tradeskills.(both about 30)

As for the drama though, I have wondered as a new player if there really is GM corruption and exploiting going on at the raid level. I think either bad GMs/guilds need to be dealt with or trolls lying on the forums need to be dealt with. its bad for the server to just let it go. As for ingame drama, I haven't experienced any between level 1-13 so far so I am taking the forum drama with a grain of salt.

That's a summary of my experience so far.