View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 12:59 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also if you dont think Book 3 is the best of the current 5, id love to hear which one is your favorite. 4 outta 5 dentists agree that book 3 is the best [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well. I can tell you right now its NOT Book 4...

Book 3 was good. I did enjoy it.

BUt I will tell you. I love Arya. She is a different, and unique female character, probably the most unique one I have ever read. I really enjoy her chapters. I find myself when I read the book series now really only looking forward to reading only hers and Jons chapters. While I do like the others, and enjoy reading them, they dont quite grab me like hers.

With that said. I think book 1 was my favorite.

When I first started reading GoT back, WAY BACK, the big fantasy series was the WoT... a series that I had read, but was not in love with..

So when I read GoT, and it changed my view on fantasy, it has some surprises and plot twists that I was not expecting.

I did really enjoy DoD to.... It has some things I was not expecting either. Arya's character is really developing, and so is Jons, both characters had some interesting surprises happen to.

where book 3 was good.... I felt Martin used it as a good building block. Something to help explain the world and to give detail to some of his characters. I have nothing bad to say about any of the books except book 4, because i thoroughly enjoyed reading them all.