Thread: Raid Changes
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're now leaning towards a full server respawn, instead of just raid targets.

How this would be executed is now what we need to determine, as to not interrupt current groups in progress and create a situation where a room full of mobs would repop on top of them.

Ideas we are talking about are giving enough of a warning, anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes. We are also discussing the automatic teleport to the zone's safe coordinates or zone in location.

In considering how this normally worked back in the day, anytime the server came down there was usually significant warning of about 10 minutes before it did.

But I'd also like to bring up for discussion that I seem to remember when server's came back up in classic, it could usually take several hours for many raid mobs to spawn. Maybe I'm remembering this wrong.

Anyways, discuss.
Raid mobs would respawn instantly until luclin I believe. DKP records of prominent guilds seem to support this fact (not that I have them on hand but they were posted in a thread a long time ago about Trak's spawn time).

I honestly don't think that repopping the entire zone is that disruptive to groups. It happened in classic and groups would usually move to a safe spot in the 10-15 minutes or so that they had before the patch.

The full reset means that timers will be reset too right? So if Noble dojorn dies on Tuesday and there's a repop on Wednesday (where he's killed again), he'll respawn next Wednesday instead of next Tuesday right?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis