View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My sidekick is a POS but you will never text easier on a device [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most full keyboard devices are going to be extremely easy to text on, but I think the one that was far and away the easiest for me was the Blackberry that had the navigation wheel on the sides.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The wheel had two directional movement and it could also be pushed in for opening menu, then selecting option. This might sound restricting, but it was much, much faster than the current scroll balls that can go 4 directions. The reason being, is you could "feel" every click or push. The UI was very intuitive and helpful.

For instance:

Unlocking the phone: push wheel once, down to clicks, push wheel again.
Sending Text: Unlock, 5 wheels down to get to contacts, push down once to select contacts, put in first couple letters of person, push down once, menu came up that auto selected call, second option send text, so one wheel down to text, push wheel down once, type out text, push wheel down once to bring up menu, menu auto selected on send text, push wheel down once again.

It sounds like a lot, but you got so used to it, that you could send texts/emails/call/etc. and never look at your screen and do it without messing up since you had a full keyboard.

Anyway, I'm not sure I described that very well, but I was much faster with the side scroll wheel in using the phone then I have ever been with a phone since. And never had to look at the screen...