View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Truth.

Though, it worked on Rallos Zek because of the player base. It had an equal balance between PVE and PVP. The ruthless nature of potentially losing your hard earned pixels bred things like the anti-PK mind set, for people that were afraid of being killed and having shit stolen. It kept the system in check imo.

As much as I'd like to have item looting on Red 99, the server would need to be heavily reliant on a PNP-style rule set, and I just don't know if I see that happening with this community. We're talking about the people that will kill you for your cloth tunic when they've got 1mil plat banked just to shit on you and laugh while doing it.

Am I saying that is wrong? No. To each their own. But I can see how that would potentially scare away new players, unless they had guilds to turn to that would be there to help them, just like RZ did.
Good point basically you can make the game play just like classic but you cant duplicate the playerbase/community that was around in 1999.