View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 10:21 PM
Banned

Default Fire , Cold and MAGIC

How many of you know the difference between the 3

apparently most dont , including staff

many of you played eq back when it was young , many played through luclin and pop , and god , dodh , etc etc

i need some people to back me up here so far only person who has is darworth ( SP? )

basically it goes like this

MAGIC has its own resist table

where you start to see massive resists on roots / snares and magic based DD around 100

at 150 it makes you close to immune to these things , but some do land

FIRE / COLD do not share this table , nor did they ever in eq
i talked to several people during the event who were buffed and had bards

even veto will confirm he had 177 cold resist

and 3 ice comets = 59 dmg each

THIS IS WRONG

having 100 to fire or cold made you shave off 30% of the dmg on live , and maybe maybe a 10% total outright resist , if you are lucky

having 150 to either of those resists let you shave off maybe 40 , 50 on some casts , but 20% or so of them got through for a nice hit

with the current system in place right now , i had 14 ice comets hit for 59 fucking damage

yes thats tonight at the event , where alot of people were naked / half geared / using rusty weapons or what not

yes i know what your saying , i did get some kills , and i did 750 quite a few people

but those people were naked practically

with the current system you become a god at 150 resist to spells , and this is just dumb

if things followed through the way they currently are wizards are basically pointless , and while i feel that you have no idea about how tables worked and how to even go about fixing them i dont honestly think anything will change

you can push the server back all you want but it seems the dev's miss the fundamentals of the game completely , meaning none of them even played on pvp when it was classic.

also PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT WITH 150 COLD OR FIRE IF YOU GO TO TOV YOU WILL RESIST MOST EVERYTHING IN THAT TABLE

this is FOR PVP NOT PVE

if you go to seb with 150 to those resists youll be super happy with what your resists are , why?

Because pvp and pve are different tables too ! Yes they are ! wowo

you should not need lures to fucking pvp on classic

lures didnt come till later because shit didnt become resistant till later , excluding plane of sky stuff ( i dont even know if sky was classic )

and yes lovely i saw you got alot of kills , i saw plenty of scrubs to kill too

but you had no big names that were buffed

i was fucked from the start because when i went into the building to get my gear , the gm magically gave me all my spells * i didnt need them *

and reset all my specializations to 1

which made ice comet take 30% of my mana to cast ( super )