View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 06:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think one of the common themes of old school EQ is those who played caster-type classic generally have much fonder memories of how balanced and awesome EQ was than most of the melee/hybrid classes did.

And no wonder.

But I can't even entertain the notion that Kunark was anything *but* the golden age of EQ when everything was warm and fuzzy and there was enough meaningful high end content to go around to satiate the higher end player population.

Now some of you who stuck around through Veilous might have a bit to say of Veilous being the true Golden Age, and I wouldn't necessarily disagree with that sentiment either.

But seriously, anyone claiming Kunark is when EQ started sliding downhill has issues. And you could easily argue the author of that article wasn't primarily an EQ player to begin with. Sounds more like a disgruntles DAOC/UO guy with a 2-bit job using his platform to bash EQ.
I kind of agree with your feelings on this. I played a ranger, but in many ways rangers are much more flexible than pure melees. We got track for direction and finding appropriately conned targets, we got our own line of snares/heals/ds's/movement buffs/dots/etc, we got sneak/hide, we got camo and superior camo for invising in tight spots, and so on. If I had played a pure melee, I think my memories of those days would have been darker.