View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 06:44 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoucLangur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What tristantio said. In your face. Using windows and complaining about privacy issues? Doesn't blend.

Seriously guys, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you do not really try to find excuses to complain without admitting that you are cheaters. I do agree it is not a good feeling to have some software on your system where you don't know what it does and how much control someone has over it. But in the case of windows, that is true for the whole operating system, and in case of any legit piece of closed-source software you have to trust the publisher not to spy on you. So much software is "phoning home", especially microsoft products.

I would say I trust our coders here a lot more than big corporate industry xy. And of course, that does not make me naive. My EQ runs in a wine sandbox, good luck trying to get to my private data or corrupting my system with that.

Give it a thought. Microsoft windows is the most widespread OS, but it is - by far - not the most user friendly. Some Linux distributions have outclassed Windows by now, and if enough people helped to increase the market share, we'd get more commercial software (games!) released for Linux also.

Best regards,

Slozem
You don't seem to know much about computers. Yes, that does make you naive, Wine doesn't "sandbox" anything, and what does "user friendly" have to do with anything you're talking about here?