View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 04:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go inside splitpaw...can either find people there or may be able to grab 1-2 ppl using /who all to join ya, amazing zem.

Hopefully you got yourself a gypsy lute, because that will be by far your most used instrument in groups. There's nothing more important than that.

Also bards are arguably the best pullers for xp groups...eventually you will find yourself in positions where your group needs it. May wanna drop some money and upgrade that laptop
I've been finding some pickup groups inside paw that have been lots of fun, and good xp. Got my gypsy lute, and have put it to good use. The impetus for rolling a bard was actually witnessing an amazing puller in CoM; eventually I should upgrade the laptop, but I use a macbook for everything other than EQ and it just hasn't seemed worth it yet for just this one game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Often overlooked (which can be a great thing if you want to solo) is the basement in unrest
This was a great suggestion. I've soloed down there before, I think on my cleric, and it's a nice little spot. Those hags are still pretty rough though. On the stairs behind the bookshelf I charmed a hag against a skeleton monk, and it killed the skelly before charm broke, then almost killed me even with a Heroic Bond buff. This might have to wait until I gain another level or two and pick up some hp/ac rings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I decided to pull up where I leveled my bard 32-46.
Hah, your thread was one of the more useful threads I found when doing some research on playing a bard, as well as Toxigen's advice on charming. Knowing where you soloed in SolA is helpful, I'll have to check that out soon. Frontier giant fort sounds intriguing for when I'm ready to leave Antonica/Faydwer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a bard you can basically add any class and instantly have a much easier time charming in paw / CT / sola.
Yeah, seems that way. Had some good duos outside paw with a warrior. It felt a little awkward duoing with an enchanter - I basically just played a support role with healing and being a meatshield on charm breaks.

One thing I've been trying to figure out is when it becomes more effective to DPS with a drum and dots as opposed to melee. At this point I've only got one drum chant, and although the 85DD proc on the venomous axe is starting to fade in efficacy it still seems to be pretty good damage.

Relatedly, I'm also struggling to figure out how to efficiently finish off a charm fight. I've been trying to mez one while meleeing the other, but it's hard to juggle everything and I get hit more than I'd like. It's working for now, but I know I'll need to tighten up my technique at higher levels. It certainly feels harder than charming on my druid felt.