View Single Post
Old 04-15-2024, 03:32 PM
Large Bat

Default Returning Player - Question About Class to Play

Hi folks,

I'm sure that you've gotten this question a million times, so please shoot me to the appropriate thread and I'll just catch up.

I played about 13-14 years ago on Blue - 50 Cleric with planar gear. Saw Vanilla in its entirety and had a lot of fun with folks raiding, etc.

Now I'm a dad with a wife and 2 kids and I don't have a ton of time to play, but I had the itch to come back and see Kunark and Velious in the way that I did Vanilla (in detail and go to places that I'd never seen during live).

It's unrealistic for me to expect that I'd have the time to dedicate to raiding, etc. but I'd be in it for the long haul so I don't mind the grind. What is the best class to solo, see the world and experience all of the content that I've never seen before without being totally reliant on the help of others/strangers? I have a little bit of cash to twink, but would prefer to start fresh.

Obviously I just assumed that I'd take a necro, but Shamans seem powerful? Or could just go Druid or Wiz for porting, but seems limiting in terms of only being able to solo in open spaces...

Let me know your thoughts.