View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not for an iskar. Just a waste of a bag slot.
Indeed. Nobody has claimed an Iksar should buy a JBB. OP was wondering if they should pick a different race because Iksar's can't use JBB. That is why we are discussing the merits of JBB, so OP can decide if Iksar is right for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's the answer to the thread!
As I keep saying, people want actual answers to questions. Nobody would be posting new threads on this forum if the answer was always "just do whatever you want, it doesn't matter". If you find Min/Maxing fun, you want to know which racial bonuses and items are objectively the best.

You can certainly provide the caveat that the differences between Shaman races are not extreme, due to the high power of the Shaman class. However, some people find it fun to have a character that is 2% stronger than every other Shaman race because they picked the best race for the class. I am not sure why some posters are so resistant to giving other posters real information on these forums.

Quote:
Please expand.
I know you are just being silly right now, but I'll indulge you. Players can do everything a Shaman can do on the Solo Challenge list without FSI, for example. However, FSI factually makes solo challenge fights faster and easier.

Some people want to make solo challenge fights faster/easier. Mobs in Everquest can have long respawn timers. Some mobs take quite a bit of setup to pull and get into a position to kill. You could also have mobs taken from you if you die. Another player could be watching your fight to see if they can snipe the kill.

If you gave the best player on the Solo Challenge list a BiS Ogre Shaman, they will factually be more efficient at completing the solo challenge fights than if they were using a BiS Barbarian. This is because FSI will help in the fight, where a Barbarian's XP bonus would not.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 04-10-2024 at 01:46 PM..