View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

I always thought the quotes from devs about how camping in general wasn't anticipated at all. They thought people were going to group crawl through the dungeons (this was back when they had no idea EQ would be as popular as it was so dungeon crawling in a non-instanced environment would be more feasible, they never thought you'd have like 2k+ people per server).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it got patched pretty soon afterwards, but I sometimes wonder if other EQ veterans were aware of this or even remember it. It doesn't seem to be a thing on P99, but I remember always being cognizant of making sure not to nuke mobs while at a higher elevation after my friend got a ban for it.
Yup this was a thing for a bit. Could do it in Qeynos and other places too. Eventually it was patched so that mobs could basically teleport to you if you were in an area they couldn't path to (or otherwise made so you couldn't get yourself up there, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It had to be someone who worked at Verant / SOE too because who would this random person be that's messaging a level 1 character on a random server.
I'd be surprised if it was anyone from Verant/SOE. I was CSR and the logs on our player characters/accounts were monitored by another team. If a staff member had created an account to harass you they could've lost their job. Not saying it definitely wasn't someone from the staff, but seems low likelihood to me.