Thread: SK Race Choice
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only time boots and gloves make sense for solo work is if you are clicking while your pet does all the work. I guess there is a situation for that but it’s a bit silly.

I can see the gloves being nice to have in a non-clarity group or a free click to delay a pull (I carry mine but don’t wear them). The legs bother me because the FD is so slow. Outside droga or taking preemptive AFK’s is rather burn mana than wait three seconds.

All the BE armor looks cool. I just wish it had stats. The legs are passable, the BP isn’t.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI_IJ_F1GCY&t=325s - Here is a scenario where you can use Blood Ember Boots/Gauntlets for solo work to save mana. Blood Ember usage isn't exclusive to scenarios where you are just letting your DoT's + Pet do all the work. I started the fight with the Froglok Jin Wizard at 91% HP and 75% Mana. I ended the fight with 87% HP and 82% Mana. Using Blood Ember Clickies and FT1 + FT2 items, I recovered 7% mana during the fight, at the cost of 4% HP. As a Troll with 2x AoB Items, Racial Regen, and Epic, a 4% HP loss is quickly recovered without sitting.

When you have good AC, Resists, Epic, Fungi, etc., you can take damage via casting Blood Ember Clickies to prevent mana loss. This is because you recover HP faster than mana.

FD pants are amazing, even with a 3 second cast. Being able to save 60 or 120 mana per cast in any non-life threatening scenario is great. It's also good when you have multiple casters in a pull. In those scenarios you may need to FD multiple times due to unlucky casts triggering when you flop.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 03-07-2024 at 04:39 PM..