Thread: zone dispute
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2024, 12:00 PM
Kobold

Never break a server rule, even if its in retaliation to someone else breaking rules. As is the case in most of life the person that retaliates often gets the punishment.

If its a competitive situation within the rules then just out compete the person. I have people tag out mobs from the area I camp all the time. I simply take note of the mob, watch for when it dies, set a timer for when it will respawn, and make sure I'm there to instantly tag the mob when it spawns again. After 2-3 spawns of you instantly tagging and the other person getting nothing and wasting 30-60mins they will leave 95%+ of the time and you'll have the camp all to yourself again. Side note: This will also prepare you to get competitive FTEs on raid mobs at the highest end of the game.

If its not a situation you can out compete and there is a clear violation of rules reach out to the player immediately and inform them of the rules violation. Ask them to kindly remove themself from the camp. If they do not comply inform them you are going to /petition. If they still don't comply proceed with the /petition.

The unfortunate thing is that often times by the time you get a response to the /petition the damage is already done. Furthermore, in my experience, the people that you have to deal with through petition are often petitioned by other players. Due to the vagueness in the P99 rulesets often times these turds have insider knowledge of how the GMs will respond to your petition concerns and how they can skirt the letter of the rules based on how they have or haven't been punished in the past. If nothing else you will gain insight from the GMs on what they don't consider a violation of the rules so you know how to deal with these individuals in the future.