View Single Post
Old 02-21-2024, 08:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server costs are easily covered for a season via donations that didn't have an item return. Hell we all paid for the garage box, that was a small community that paid for a $3k server. P99 runs on donations.

I'm not accusing you of any nefarious things but it's a slippery slope. It seems to me that opening the door for money transactions is opening Pandora's box. There are tons of people in this community who will slip into your DMs trying to pay you for legacy items on the downlow and what not. It's how these boxes always fall apart.

Renly unbanned Goatassin who used modified game files after a little flirtation and shirtless pics.

Amelinda. Derubael.

Opening the door by saying $10 for race change out of the gate is wild. Especially if your race change doesn't reset your starting stats so you are able to be an Ogre stat Gnome.

Either way, best of luck. Crazy to think you were like 10 years old when we were pvping and you were in Dark Defiant Warriors. Didnt realize the Bonaduce's were so young.
Who were you on VZ? Good times!

You bring up valid points, however, I’d argue that by openly giving rewards for donating (once again points can be acquired from PvP,) it would have the opposite effect. It’s not some “behind the doors” thing. This server is really meant for the 30+ dad who doesn’t have a ton of time anymore. It’s the same approach that TLP uses with XP potions and has been successful thus far.

Now if there were things you could only acquire via donating and not PvP, then sure, that’s dumb. But that’s not the case here. If you are concerned about the race change, you can farm the necessary points within a few days from just regular PvP. Donating really benefits the casual player.

That one VZTZ that 3k was donated I believe that server disappeared. I rather not take large sums but instead share costs on a monthly basis.