View Single Post
Old 02-17-2024, 07:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly guys. This isn't the second, third or fourth thread that you guys shit up with your own conflict. It's not even just DSM, both parties take part in this.

Nobody here gives about anything other than players weighing in on iksar vs non-iksar.

If I summarize what I've gathered so far:

Currently cases have been made for that prior to 50, at least with a Z-heart, it matters less if you go Iksar or not. After that it's a moderate to great QoL and especially outside of combat. Once you get VP-staff and other regen items it's less than a 10% hp regen difference in combat. At 50+ outside of combat if you can't be arsed or can't afford beads is where it still to a mild to moderate extent with all the bells and whistles equipped and to a moderate to great extent without. The 7-8 regen difference at 60 once you have good gear will rarely make or break a fight and it won't affect what targets you can or can't kill.

I've made the case for gnome size being a great boon for a class with lulls. You could in theory but not really in practice get a gnome mask to offset this and shrink pots are always an option too. Gnome faction is better too but a non-issue as skelly illusion makes it a moot point.

Non-iksars level faster. I will make the point here too that this to some extent matters at 60 too as death does happen, especially for raiding players. As necros mostly solo this will save a substantial time leveling and especially for any necro that is doing timed spawn camps where the iksar regen doesn't translate into faster mob kill rates.

Fashion will always be subjective but if I understand it most people seem to prefer non-iksar necros. Each to his or her own.
TLDR non-iksar get arch liche to kill themselfs earlier. Iksar get archliche later but still don’t kill themself.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung