Thread: Fairly New
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2024, 04:32 PM
Skeleton

Smile Fairly New

Hello folks, although I've had my account for some time, I had technical difficulties and never really went far.
I have returned and seemed to have ironed out the kinks.

I'm an senior lady, from western Canada (BC).

I'm so happy to have an alternate to regular EQ 1, so, thank you for creating Project 1999 and sharing it with us.

I started playing EQ about 9 months after it went live. I came from an online MUDD called "Dragonrealms".
EQ was described as "eye candy" back then, as Dragonrealms was text only as were pretty much all online games back then, no images. I believe Dragonrealms is still in operation, today.

I went on to beta test WOW and EQ 2.Those days were a special time in my life and I'm sure many of you feel the same way.

I remember my best friend back then, coming by to pick me up (for an outing) and I couldn't leave, as I was in a raid and people relied on me. lol, She stormed out.

I played on Mithaniel Marr server and was in a guild called "Adamantine Kinship". My mage Majorca, attained her Orb of Mastery, epic weapon. My other characters were a wood elf druid, called September, a dark elf necro called Wydow, a dwarf warrior called Firas. I forget my others. (I was and still am an altaholic) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I miss those old days (and the EQ soundtrack, still puts butterflies in my stomach)

My fondest memories are:

-camping the AC on AC island. 8-12 hrs straight, really wanted those boots and got them for all of my alts.

-dragging bodies from the plane of fear, after many wipes. Ditto for plane of hate, and climbing walls to avoid starting trains.

-trains, yes, Karnor Castle, those were the days! Those were the TRAINS!

-my first time in Guk, as a newbie. An in game friend took me there, got me on a list to camp one of the boss's. He told me once I got in, to stay, even if I had to put tooth picks in my eyes to keep them open (took hours at times to get called, the lists of people wanting in, were longggg).

-getting flagged for all of the Planes, that was quite the task.

-and of course, the day my mage got her epic weapon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'll end my intro there. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thank you for having me!