View Single Post
Old 01-17-2024, 12:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
UFO travels billions of miles through (i dont even know, but ill bet its worse conditions than highway 1 offers) space and fails to navigate in earths environment?

What with the universe expanding @ lightspeed and each galaxy travelling further and further away from each other for billions of years (sorry to the clueless religious) means that the chances of two capable lifeforms encountering eachother is infinitesimally small.
There is no conspiracy theory (about UFOs), but they are defo hiding something. I mean they have top secret stuff but its not actual UFO stuff.
Hell, if i was hiding something from the masses id let them run off with whatever (other) conspiracy theories they come up with. I mean thats a great cover.
On da news we see an airforce officer say what you people saw was a weather balloon caught in a wind storm blah blah. Conspiracy nuts see this and say BINGO! Gottem.
But please, continue its hilarious.
Space only expands that fast outside gravity wells, ie only outside galaxiy clusters and filaments. If a single intelligent species made it to the stars in either our galaxy or Andromeda only 100 million years ago (nothing in cosmic timescales), they could have a von nuemann probe around every star in the galaxy by now (assuming well under sublight speed, even.) Nevermind 1 billion years, 2 billion years and potentially tech we can't even conceive of.

Not saying it's likely but it is absolutely possible that the universe is teeming with life and life's junk. But in that universe, are we interesting enough? Probably not.