View Single Post
Old 01-16-2024, 05:23 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Everquest experience is entirely unique to the user. Some people started in different areas and therefor have a love for that area. Crushbone is a great example. People who started there love it, but is it really so much better than say, Blackburrow? So much so that you would choose a different race just to be there?

One of my fondest, yet stupidest memories, is when I made my paladin on live and I ran...naked, from Qeynos all the way to GFAY because of the Crushbone hype. That run was WAY more memorable than the actual fighting in Crushbone. It included getting chased down by werewolves in NK. Some druid at least helping me out with SoW to somehow get past the HH gnols. The long ass boat ride and run across BB. My point is, the best part about this game is literally just starting and going. Don't research too much other than to know what class appeals to you most. After that, just go! That's the fun. The game will be ruined when you know too much.
Thanks for the advice. I'm trying not to look up too much. I feel comfortable asking for advice (which feels old school) but I'm trying to avoid too much wiki use. I have my own HH gnoll story already lol. Came through the zone and got blinded and killed immediately. Came back invisible, didn't realize that looting my corpse would end invisibility. Died again. Finally used /corpse and get my stuff. All to get a few animation spells! Didn't get much but it was worth the story. Lot of long runs from Qeynos though.