View Single Post
Old 01-10-2024, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP just says 'best 4 person all caster/priest group'

I think everyone agrees that for most camps, the most challenging aspect is clearing to the camp or breaking the camp. For some areas, notably PoHate, the break-in is challenging and you need a special trick to get up there (and green server rules mean you have to port up to kill a newly spawned mini, can't just get a dial wiz hate port and camp up there)

I think we can also all agree that P99 is competitive and the best spots are competed for. XP, loot, etc.

IMO these 2 points mean your own porter is mandatory, if you're doing hate you need rez, if you're doing fungi king you need fd pull so necro, if you're doing SG you need an enchanter. Shaman can fd pull with wizard sky ports and fd ring but that's kind of a meme so I think its just necro here

If it's not about loot but instead churning through blues for sub-60 XP, and you also have to keep the group together, I don't think there's something you can add to cleric/enchanter that makes the duo better for XPing, except for another enchanter or something. In some zones you can do like necro/enchanter (howling stones, kaesora) when level appropriate

Basically if you add a shaman to a clr/enchanter group that shaman is leeching xp. Hell some might say the cleric is leeching xp but I think that's mostly true if you're a twinked or high level/spell complete enchanter, also again for hate you need rez
necro / enc > cleric / enc for pure XP with undead around for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.