View Single Post
Old 01-05-2024, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meta question in relation to OP's phrasing—what should we consider "most challenging"? Are we just looking at raw time played leveling to 60 as fast as possible? Ease of killing specific mobs? Is loot acquisition or dungeon crawling a factor? Overall "fun" level?
Generally, most challenging is how hard it is to grind exp, find exp giving mobs. Wizard while boring to some is super easy to find and kill exp giving mobs and to do long exp grind sessions. Rogue was very grindy in the sense that I needed money for poisons, I needed to camp various equipment to improve my character enough to solo, and lower HP/AC than say a Warrior meant battles were a lot more close, had to flee sometimes to do fluky random damage done by the NPC. Warrior is not as grindy as Rogue as I'm doing just fine in banded and a Blackened Alloy Bastard Sword, haven't needed to grind for coin as I was able to make banded off coin I got just leveling, haven't really needed to camp for items yet. I suspect Paladin will be similar to Warrior, although more camps will be possible with spells they have. SK, I've done a few to 40+ (not SSF), it was pretty much facetank, throw a dot or two, lifetap, and face tank, never did fearkiting. Ranger, not sure, never leveled one past 20.