View Single Post
Old 01-04-2024, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just responded to your SSF Warrior thread. It seems you made a new thread here though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Will just move the post over.

It's between Ranger or Paladin for sure in this list of hybrids. Paladin will work better in dungeons, but Rangers can kite indefinitely in outdoor zones.

None of the remaining classes will be difficult to solo with in the same sense as a Rogue/Warrior. Difficulty now comes down to speed of soloing, diversity of zones/camps the class thrives in, and which drawbacks of the class annoy you the most.

A naked Monk has FD and Mend, which means they are reasonably safe. They will have low AC, HP, and DPS however. You will be FDing fights you cannot finish due to bad RnG where the mob hits you a lot, and you miss a lot.

A naked Shadowknight will finish fights more consistently due to fear kiting and having a pet. The pet augments the Shadowknight's damage a bit better in this scenario because SSF weapons are generally bad. But they will probably be sitting/meditating often due to not having efficient recovery tools like Mend. First 9 levels will be slow due to not having any spells. You'll need to spend time building up your bone chip supply early on, unless you plan on sticking to undead zones.

A naked Ranger will be restricted to outdoor zones generally speaking. They can fear kite animals and bow kite with SoW. They can finish fights consistently, albeit at a slower speed. First 9 levels will be slow due to not having any spells.

A naked Paladin is less restricted than a Cleric zone-wise, as they can use melee for damage instead of undead nukes. You'll need to root + camp mobs on failed lulls, as Paladins do not get Divina Aura until level 55. Running to the zoneline without a speed buff will be more dangerous, but a Paladins increased tankiness may make up for the lack of Divine Aura a bit. First 9 levels will be slow due to not having any spells.

A naked Bard gets a DoT, Speed Buff, HP Regeneration, and Lull by level 8. Things may be a bit slow in the beginning, but you'll be able to consistently finish mobs that other classes could not in the same level range.

A naked Shaman will start off slow, as they will need to root/rot mobs instead of slow tanking them with melee. They start picking up after level 24, when you get regeneration and cannibalize. You'll probably need to quest for a decent weapon like https://wiki.project1999.com/Gatorsmash_Maul to enable slow tanking + meleeing.

A naked Cleric is restricted to undead zones generally speaking. Undead nukes will be your primary source of damage. You'll need to root + camp mobs on failed lulls, or run them to the zoneline without a speed buff. Luckily they have DA at least to make the run a bit safer.

A naked Druid will be restricted to outdoor zones generally speaking. They start off slow until level 14 when you get SoW, your first decent DoT, and your first animal charm. Then you can kill anything that isn't too resistant by kiting it.

A naked Wizard is going to be spending a lot of time meditating after nuking a mob down. Without SoW or JBoots your ability to quad kite will be impaired. I haven't tried quad kiting without SoW/JBoots, but I imagine it isn't great. Perhaps you could snare all of the mobs first when pulling them, but then it will be harder to stack them up on top of each other for AoE damage.

A naked Enchanter starts off slow until level 12, when you get your first charm spell. With a lower mana pool you will run into scenarios where you are out of mana due to fizzles, spell resists, early spell breaks, etc. This will cause you to gate more often to save yourself.

A naked Magician will be slow for the first 4 levels when you don't have a pet. The lack of root means you have camp restrictions. Their pet is powerful by itself, so you'll level quickly at any Magician appropriate camp.

A naked Necromancer gets their first pet spell at level 1. You just need to play a bit more conservatively until level 16 when you get FD. You'll need to spend time building up your bone chip supply early on, unless you plan on sticking to undead zones.
Yep, wanted to seperate this into it's own post. My SSF warrior will continue on until I retire him. I will probably start on this 3rd most challenging class next or in parallel on blue. Pretty good assessment on all the classes, I considered adding Cleric to the poll, but I feel like there is a pretty good jump in soloability between Cleric and the 3 listed in poll. Honestly I probably could have just done a poll between Ranger and Paladin.