View Single Post
Old 12-30-2023, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

I'm kind of curious if there's any group situation where a 60 shaman adds more DPS to a ench-ench-cleric trio than a mage. I think maybe, but am highly skeptical of it being generally true.

I think shaman best case would be blam stick hobbits or plate house. Both let you keep two active enemies most of the time, with enough HP to allow for Shaman DoTs to tick for duration. 2x Avatar on enchanter pets is hard to differentiate since it will attribute to the enchanters but is proabably a noticeable boost, and the endurance nature of both camps allows for the shaman to leverage their superior mana regen, free epic DoT and higher DPM spells to help close the gap between their pets. Adding DPS to both camps also actually does something useful, which is not always true when you have 2 enchanter pets at a location since you can't be mob limited in either place.

Clearly, we need to set up a race at one of those camps with DSM vs. a Mage and see who can clear more cycles over a long enough time period to smooth out variance. If you can't outdps a mage at blam stick hobbits, you're not going to outdps a mage anywhere.

Sanctum Low Man Vindi Kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyZfNjvsDRE