Thread: iksar necro
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2023, 11:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I'm suggesting is that a smart player will invest 3k (or even less) into gearing a necro enough to get to 60 and dedicate all the money he makes leveling to getting his hands on a CoS as quickly as possible.

Not farming 20k for all Int gear with no hp and then working on farming another 30k to finally get a CoS. Your actual magelo where you claimed the items were 'easy to get' exceeds 50k and the poor sap that takes your bad advice is going to need to farm almost 90k to finally get his hands on the one item that matters. A CoS.

It's absurd and terrible advice

Why bother with all that? Sitting in the tunnel trying to move items when you can spend 3k and dedicate your time to getting levels and getting a CoS. Necros don't need a lot of Int or even a massive mana pool. What they need is efficient mana sustain. You get that by stacking hp. This is why Iksar is miles ahead any other necro race. They can sustain and not expel mana to regen lost health with inefficient lifetaps.
You don't seem to realize that you can farm 20k, buy stuff with it, and resell the stuff to get the 20k back. Trying to tell people they should not do that is the only bad advise being given. Increasing the ability of your character while you are 30K short of a CoS by buying gear will allow you to farm money faster.

You don't need to sit in EC to sell gear these days, there is the forums and some great discord channels that keep track of EC. Just post your wares and keep playing normally. Just login for 30 seconds on a mule and sell the gear when you find a buyer.

There is no reason why a guy who spent 50k on items needs to keep all of those items lol. You don't need to keep all the gear and then farm the full amount for a CoS. Once you get enough plat + items for CoS, sell what you need to sell and get the CoS. No unnecessary farming needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the gap between us is more than 50k for a net gain of 150hp and 6-700 mana

Go ahead and shave off some plat by swapping out a few items but why stop there? Just go for the gear I listed and you're set. I even made a few adjustments and I'm still at 3k

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Green:Skidrownecro

I even have almost 90CHA with just a Crude Stein as an Iksar. Your 50k+ Magelo sits at a sub 40 CHA. More than a 50 point gap. Good luck lulling mobs in HS with that (even with CHA items in your bags). Better bring a lot of coffins and bags of emeralds.
I don't know why you are trying to compete with my Magelo. Nowhere did I say my Magelo was the best Magelo out there, or that your Magelo was bad. I think your Magelo is fine. You simply missed what I said in my previous post, again. You really need to learn to read people's full posts before making comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
6. https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_...Dirtbrokenecro This is a perfectly reasonable Magelo showing cheap gear. I have no problems with it. In your Magelo you would have 41 more INT than STA if you had put 25 points into STA and 5 points into INT. My point still stands that you are going to get a lot more INT from items than STA, even when you are focusing on +HP items specifically. That is why you will end up capping INT before STA, and why STA is generally the better starting stat. You yourself seemed to suggest that losing 700 mana isn't a big deal for you. That means you aren't too worried about the 230 mana you would lose from putting 25 points into STA and 5 points into INT. 288 mana if you put the 5 points into STR instead.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 12-09-2023 at 11:54 PM..