Thread: iksar necro
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2023, 10:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think at the high end the debate is completely academic. When you've got several +100 mana/HP items loaded with INT, the added +25 INT or STA is pretty meaningless for a Necro. Even the extra 60 HP from STA will be functionally unnoticeable for both solo and group/raid play at that point. However, I think that pumping INT gives more flexibility for gearing during the leveling process, and allows you the breathing room to heavily gear in favor of raw +HP while still maintaining a decent mana pool.
Yeah none of it matters much in the long run. There are enough good + cheap caster items that will make up for whatever deficiency you have. Luckily Necros are good at farming.

The way I see it, if you care about starting stats, you are probably looking at the endgame. That is when they matter the most due to scaling. Since INT is much easier to cap, you are going to eventually get zero mana from your +25 INT, where your +25 STA will last much longer. If you end up doing BiS in every slot, you'll cap both. At that point if you are aiming for full BiS, you would plan all of your gear ahead of time so you get the exact stats you want. You probably aren't asking this question on the forums, however, if you are already going that hard.