View Single Post
Old 11-30-2023, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sure as heck do normally have a feel for when I have a good threat lead or not. I've also been doing the tank job a long flippin' time, and that's something that only comes with the experience of mastery at a job. Maybe some other players might not have the same instinct for the job if they haven't been doing it as long. So, yeah, if you're new to the job and uncertain of yourself, or playing in such a way that you're sometimes shaky on aggro, link those abilities if you like. If you don't need to, then don't do it.
I have a good feel for it too. I've also tanked for years. Nor am I suggesting you do not have a good feel.

My point is simple: More agro is better, as it decreases the chance of a flip. There is no downside to adding more agro, only upsides. Unless of course you don't want agro hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But you do still agree that the approach for which you advocate is less optimal than saving taunt to use strategicly, if you're trying to minimize the frequency of losing aggro and not flipping it right back with a successful taunt, right?
I don't know why you keep asking. You should read the thread, I have answered this question multiple times. https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=276 is the latest answer, which was last page.